About BookManager Software
TBM BookManager Ltd. was created in 1986 in Vancouver, British Columbia by Michael Neill, then co-owner of a family run chain of bookstores. Today, BookManager is located in Kelowna, a city of 120,000 people located on the beautiful Okanagan Lake in south-central British Columbia, Canada.
We have an outstanding team of people at BookManager who build strong and helpful relationships with their customers. We have well over 400 stores that consider BookManager to be an important asset to their business. There are also about 50 stores who simply subscribe to our bibliographic services, TitleLink and PubStock. The data we are now providing to both booksellers and publishers is opening the doors to a whole new era of prosperity in the industry.
We Know the Book Business!
- To keep us current with industry trends, BookManager offices are located in the same building that is home to our very own retail bookstore, Mosaic Books. With that, we can provide exceptional advice on BookManager and bookselling. All aspects, technical and business-related are implemented here in our very own independent store.
- Every enhancement to BookManager undergoes extensive "live" testing at our bookstore. Having both a bookstore and computer company on the same premises makes it possible for both existing and potential customers to visit us and see BookManager in action.
- Keeping active in book retailing ensures BookManager is on top of the latest advances and trends in our changing industry.
- Owner Michael Neill and his wife Michele are well respected in the Canadian book industry and are a strong voice for independent booksellers.
- More recently, BookManager has undertaken the task of pulling data from all segments of the book industry and then providing data in ways that enhance productivity and sales.
- Over 80% of our software system sales is derived from existing client referral. This is a good indication of the quality of our products and services. Our software is used by the majority of Canadian independent booksellers, and includes a large number of Christian bookstores.
- As we expanded BookManager's features to better handle larger volume school accounts and mail order, it became apparent that BookManager was well suited for small and medium sized distributors. By working closely with one of our local distributors, enhancements have made BookManager an excellent choice for that segment of the industry. The historical information BookManager retains makes it ideal, and with electronic ordering and a consignment module, we can provide much efficiency.
- The U.S. market has been more challenging, partly because of its immense size and the lack of interaction between Canadian and American booksellers. The handful of stores who use BookManager in the U.S. are very happy with our product and see no compromise in using a Canadian system. Bookselling has similar challenges in both countries, and we often buy from the same sources. Best of all, the strong American dollar means Americans can purchase BookManager for considerably less than the Canadian price.
- We also have stores in England, Ireland and the Bahamas. It all depends on the type of store you operate and the way you prefer to do business.